The current Australian Industry Capability (AIC) focus on being ‘Defence ready’ will deliver improved in-country supportability, greater reliability within the operation and improved levels of availability of platforms and systems in support of Defence.
Cobham’s capability in airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and Search-and-Rescue (SAR) operations, modifications, sensor integration and Mission Management System (MMS) development, have been driven by many of the factors that underpin the more recent focus on AIC:
- Self-sufficiency in through-life support;
- Higher rates of serviceability and availability from local support arrangements;
- Lower long-term support costs;
- World leading capability in Australian industry when given the opportunity;
- Development of local industry experience to support future developments;
- Development of competitive advantage, particularly for export markets; and
- Retention of economic activity in Australia.
Cobham is uniquely placed to leverage its extensive knowhow and capability in support of defence projects.
We have established a comprehensive Mission Systems workshop in Cairns to support the availability of the very specialised sensor equipment fitted to our surveillance aircraft. Find out more about our Mission System Workshop.
Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
Cobham is the lead partner with General Atomics Aeronautical Systems in Team SkyGuardian Australia.